ASIAL supports members through:
Member Bulletins are published on a regular basis and cover a range of topics at national and/or state-specific levels. These publications are available to ASIAL members only.
Topics include updates on licensing and regulatory changes, Work Health and Safety, best practice industrial relations, and other compliance issues.
Members also receive access to:
- Security Insider Magazine, a quarterly magazine for all security professionals, either in hard copy or online.
- First Alert, ASIAL's regular email Newsletter featuring the latest news and events, including links to regulatory updates, Member-only news, and resources.
- Security Insider Podcast series, featuring a wide range of topics.
- Bi-monthly WHS email newsletter
Advocacy and Representation
Through our ongoing interaction with state/territory regulators and federal agencies, ASIAL is able to provide a level of interaction that no other security association in Australia offers.
Without exception, ASIAL is the only security industry association to lodge submissions in response to critical state and federal issues affecting the industry.
The issues addressed vary significantly from skills funding, licensing, mutual recognition, aviation security, AML/TCF Rules, through to sham contracting, low paid authorisation applications, awards rates and conditions and other industrial relations matters.
ASIAL is committed to promoting a positive image of the industry through active engagement with the media on topical issues.
- ASIAL operates a well-respected grading scheme for alarm monitoring centres, as well as a supplementary certification for graded centres that are supported at a separate location, redundant to the main centre. *ASIAL members receive a discounted rate.
- The Security Training Certification Program is an ASIAL industry initiative to provide a training course that offers professional recognition and an industry recognised career pathway for technicians working in the security industry.
We believe that the key leadership role we perform for the industry and the superior level of service and support that we provide to members, makes membership a sound decision.
- Networking: ASIAL is the only security industry association in Australia to hold regular face-to-face national events, which offer an opportunity to network with other security industry professionals.
- Online communities: Can't make it to an event? Join one of our online communities, which will allow you to engage with like-minded security industry professionals
- Social media: ASIAL connects with members on LinkedIn and Twitter. Follow us for the latest news updates. We also encourage members to follow us on Facebook so as to engage with our annual consumer awareness campaign
- Editorial contributions: Members are invited to make editorial suggestions for Security Insider, submit guest blogs and news items for publication on the Member Announcements page.
- Sponsorship opportunities: There are many opportunities to partner with the Association as an event sponsor and show your commitment to the development of the security industry services.
Professional development activities
- Security Exhibition & Conference: Australasia’s premier security industry event, its longevity a testament to its unrivalled success. Member discount applies for conference registration and exhibition space.
- Australian Security Industry Awards for Excellence: These prestigious awards recognise outstanding individuals and organisations working within the security industry.
Industry Briefings: ASIAL Security Industry Breakfast Briefings are held across the country each year. The briefings provide updates on industry news, trends and best practice, while also providing an opportunity to network. Member discounts apply.
- Podcasts: ASIAL's Security Insider Podcast Series has been designed to help engage with the wider security community and industry to help gain key insights on specific topics with guest speakers and discussions.
- eLearning: The ASIAL eLearning platform provides access to quality content, ease of delivery and a cost-effective means of delivering professional development training.
Membership types and fees
How to Join