Professional Recognition Program
SPECIAL OFFER VALID UNTIL 31 MARCH 2017
Sign up for the ASIAL Individual Professional Recognition Program by 31 March 2017 and receive a free eLearning course that counts towards your CPD points.
The ASIAL Individual Professional Recognition program sets the benchmark for security professionals looking to progress their careers and to be recognised by employers, peers and end users.
Individuals who meet the entry criteria are eligible to receive the post-nominal credential of either MASIAL, AFASIAL, FASIAL or FASIAL (Life).
- Member – MASIAL – 3+ years industry experience – someone who is looking to grow and develop their career in the security industry.
- Associate Fellow – AFASIAL – 10+ years industry experience – a security professional committed to developing their professional skills and advancing the industry as a whole.
- Fellow – FASIAL – 20+ years industry experience – an experienced and respected industry leader who has contributed significantly to the growth and development of the industry.
- Life Fellow – FASIAL (Life) – awarded to individuals who have provided distinguished service to the industry. To be considered as a Life Fellow you must first have been a Fellow of the Association for a period of five years.
Post-nominals provide a clear picture of your security experience and capability, a commitment to practice in accordance with the highest professional and ethical standards and a strong affiliation with the Association.
How does the program work?
Successful applicants need to meet the eligibility criteria to participate in the program. These include educational qualifications, security industry experience, professional achievements, and adherence to the ASIAL Code of Professional Conduct.
When you become a member of the ASIAL Individual Professional Recognition program you are also required to participate in continuing professional development (CPD). You must accrue 12 points over each year of your membership in order to be eligible to renew.
What's in it for me?
In a word – Recognition. Employers and clients will see you for what you are – qualified, experienced and professional. Participation in the program will differentiate you from others in the industry and demonstrate your commitment to ongoing professional development to maintain your competitive edge. Participation in the ASIAL Individual Professional Recognition Program shows you are a security professional recognised by your peers for the experience and qualifications you have attained. It is a benchmark of your expertise and a measure of your career progress.
What's in it for employers?
As an employer, when you hire an individual participating on the ASIAL Individual Professional Recognition Program, you are selecting a candidate whose skills and experience have been assessed against professional standards set by the security industry’s peak national body – ASIAL. The program provides a valuable measure of an individual’s expertise and capability.
Who can apply and how do I apply?
Anyone committed to pursuing a career in the security industry can participate, provided you meet the eligibility criteria.
Depending on the eligibility criteria select your recognition level:
Depending on your recognition level, the required supporting documents include:
- a resume or CV with your achievements, work experience and industry contribution;
- copies of certificates/evidence of your education qualifications;
- written recommendations;
- National Police Check (if required).
To be considered as a LIFE FELLOW you must first have been a FELLOW of the Association for a period of five years.
Participation in the ASIAL Individual Professional Recognition Program shows you are a security professional recognised by your peers for the experience and qualifications you have attained. It is a benchmark of your expertise and a measure of your career progress.