The following three steps outline what you need to provide for your membership application to progress.
Step 1 - Choose a category
Corporate and Provisional Corporate membership applies to:
- Companies whose core business is security and/or companies who derive profit from the security industry, and who hold a security licence (or are applying for a licence).
- Provisional Corporate membership refers to companies who have been in business in the security industry for less than two years.
Associate membership applies to:
- Organisations whose core business is not security, but for whom security plays an important role.
- Industry sectors represented in this category include utilities, financial institutions, transport, aviation and clubs.
Individual membership is an information only service available to any individual involved in the security industry. Please note: Individual membership does not satisfy licensing requirements.
Any company, enterprise or individual person whether in Australia or overseas not being eligible for Corporate or Individual membership may apply for Affiliate membership, which is awarded at the discretion of the ASIAL board.
Step 2 - Required documentation
Attach the following documentation:
- Certificate of Company Registration (for Pty Ltd companies only)
- Business Registration Certificate (this is not required for sole traders using their name as the business identity)
- ABN Registration (this must indicate the Trading Name)
- Security Firm/Master Licence/s details (if applicable, provide licence details for each State / Territory that you operate in)
- Individual Security Licence details (if applicable, provide licence details for each State/Territory that you operate in)
- Public Liability details (a copy of your certificate of currency)
- Workers Compensation details (if applicable, a copy of your certificate of currency)
- Professional Indemnity details (if applicable, a copy of your certificate of currency)
- Details of two referees (including full name, title, contact number and email)
Note: If you are a Registered Training Organisation you will need to provide details of the scope of training and qualifications issued, along with evidence of your certification.
Step 3 - Payment
Payment must accompany your application (view membership fee schedule). For online payments we accept credit card payments (American Express, Diners, Mastercard and Visa) and Electronic Funds Transfer. If you are forwarding your application by mail, we will accept payment by cheque payable to ‘ASIAL’.
Once your application and all required information is received (including payment), it takes approximately 2-7 working days to process. Delays will occur if you do not provide us with all of the required information*.
If you experience any difficulties in lodging your application, please call the ASIAL Member Services team on 1300 127 425 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
* If all required information is not submitted within 30 days from the date an application is received, ASIAL reserves the right to cancel the application and provide a refund, less the application processing fee.
A Member may at any time by giving 28 days notice in writing to the Chief Executive Officer, resign their Membership of the Association. However, they shall continue to be liable for any Annual Subscription and all arrears due and unpaid at the date of resignation and for all other monies due to the Association and in addition for any sum not exceeding one hundred dollars ($100.00) for which there is liability as a Member of the Association under Article 7 of the Association’s Constitution.
The Australian Security Industry Association Ltd (ASIAL) respects and upholds Members’ and clients’ rights to privacy protection under the National Privacy Principles contained in the Privacy Amendment (Public Sector) Act 2000.
Click here to access Membership Registration