Why join ASIAL?
ASIAL membership gives you access to online resources, over the phone support, discounted services and tools. It also provides an opportunity to connect with other security industry professionals.
Download the Membership Benefits Brochure here>
Membership benefits include:
Expert advice and business resources
- Free phone support to members on compliance, technical and industrial relations issues
- Industrial Relations representation
- Standardised agreements and business templates
- Work Health and Safety System
Discounted products and services
- Insurance products through Aon
- Superannuation support and advice through AustralianSuper
- A health plan through BUPA for your employees
- Legal advice and representation through Goldrick Farrell Mullan
- A web-based job management tool through simPro software
Professional development activities
- Security Exhibition & Conference: Australasia’s premier security industry event, the Security Exhibition & Conference returns to Melbourne in 2015, marking the 30th anniversary of the show; its longevity a testament to its unrivalled success. Member discount applies for conference registration and exhibition space.
- Australian Security Industry Awards for Excellence: Now in their 21st year, the awards recognise outstanding individuals and organisations working within the security industry.
- Industry Briefings: ASIAL's Industry Breakfast Briefings are held across the country each year. The briefings provide updates on industry news, trends and best practice, while also providing an opportunity to network. Member discounts apply.
- Webinars: Webinars enable members around Australia to connect with ASIAL online. We host regular webinars, some of which are free to members and other which incur a small attendance fee.
- Networking: ASIAL organises regular face-to-face national events, which offer an opportunity to network with other security industry professionals.
- Online communities: Can't make it to an event? Join one of our online communities, which will allow you to engage with like-minded security industry professionals.
- Social media:ASIAL connects with members on LinkedIn and Twitter. Follow us for the latest news updates. We also encourage members to follow us on Facebook so as to engage with our annual consumer awareness campaign.
- Editorial contributions: Members are invited to make editorial suggestions for Security Insider, submit guest blogs and news items for publication on the Member Announcements page.
- Sponsorship opportunities: There are many opportunities to partner with the Association as an event sponsor or advertiser to promote your organisation.
News and information
- Security Insider: A bi-monthly magazine which for more two decades has established a track record of delivering accurate and timely information to security professionals.
- Member Bulletins: Published on a regular basis the bulletins cover topics issues of national and/or local importance.
- Event invitations: Members receive invites to industry events, including a member discount on ticket pricing and direct links to our online booking system.
- Blogs: We publish regular blogs that are thought provoking and prepared by industry experts. ASIAL members are invited to contribute as guest bloggers.
- First Alert: A fortnightly eNewsletter featuring the latest events and news, including links to Security Insider online, Member Bulletins, Blogs and more.
ASIAL runs ongoing consumer awareness campaigns to promote ASIAL members to business, government and residential customers. These campaigns have included advertising on TV, radio, public transport, taxis and a range of publications.
Advocacy and representation
- Through our ongoing interaction with state/territory regulators and federal agencies, ASIAL is able to provide a level of interaction that no other security association in Australia can offer.
- ASIAL is frequently the only security industry association to lodge submissions in response to critical state and federal issues affecting the industry.
- ASIAL actively promotes a positive image of the industry through its engagement with the media on topical national and local issues.
Promoting the highest levels of professionalism
- Through the development of Industry Codes of Practice and Standards, ASIAL is committed to raising industry standards and professionalism.
- ASIAL is an active participant on a range of Standards Australia Committees.
- ASIAL operates a well-respected grading scheme for alarm monitoring centres, as well as a supplementary certification for graded centres that are supported at a separate location, redundant to the main centre.
- The Security Technician Certification program is an ASIAL initiative to provide professional recognition and a recognised industry career pathway for technicians working in the security industry.
Through the leadership role ASIAL performs and the broad range of services and benefits available to members, membership of the Association represents outstanding value for money .