Special Interest Groups (SIGs)
- To establish a network of members committed to working towards the betterment of the security industry and the Association;
- To provide a forum at which developments in the different industry sectors,standards and licensing issues can be discussed;
- Where called upon, to provide advice and input on issues relating the best practice and guidelines.
Special Interest Group (SIG) is not a forum for self, member company or product promotion.
SPECIAL INTEREST GROUPS
Subject to the level of interest received, groups are established to address issues relating to:
- Electronics (access control, alarm / monitoring, CCTV)
- Manpower (guards / patrols, event security / crowd control)
- Cash In Transit
- Human Resources / Industrial Relations
Membership is open to representatives of member companies committed to actively contributing to the development of the Industry and the Association.
Membership is by Expression of Interest (EOI) and is for a period of 12 months. EOIs will be sought from the membership each year.
Each group includes a Board appointed representative and/or Convenor.
Meetings will be held as required, primarily at the Association’s office in Crows Nest and for interstate/regional members participation is supported via teleconference, with dates published at the commencement of the year.
Member will be expected to demonstrate their commitment by attending the scheduled meetings and participate in SIG forum(s).
Corporate and Associate members can join ASIAL Special Interest Groups at anytime.
State Reference Groups (SRGs)
Within each state and territory, there is an opportunity for interested members to participate on SRGs . These groups provide a forum at which developments in the standards and licensing issues can be discussed at the state/territory level.
Professional development activities
- Security Exhibition & Conference: Australasia’s premier security industry event, the Security Exhibition & Conference returns to Melbourne in 2015, marking the 30th anniversary of the show; its longevity a testament to its unrivalled success. Member discount applies for conference registration and exhibition space.
- Australian Security Industry Awards for Excellence: Now in the 20th year, the prestigious awards recognise outstanding individuals and organisations working within the security industry.
- Industry Briefings: ASIAL Security Industry Breakfast Briefings are held across the country each year. The briefings provide updates on industry news, trends and best practice, while also providing an opportunity to network. Member discounts apply.
- Webinars: Webinars enable members around Australia to connect with ASIAL online. We host two webinars per month between February and November, some of which are free to members and other which attract a small attendance fee.
- Networking: ASIAL is the only security industry association in Australia to hold regular face-to-face national events, which offer an opportunity to network with other security industry professionals.
- Online communities: Can't make it to an event? Join one of our online communities, which will allow you to engage with like-minded security industry professionals.
- Social media: ASIAL connects with members on LinkedIn and Twitter. Follow us for the latest news updates. We also encourage members to follow us on Facebook so as to engage with our annual consumer awareness campaign.
- Editorial contributions: Members are invited to make editorial suggestions for Security Insider, submit guest blogs and news items for publication on the Member Announcements page.
- Sponsorship opportunities: There are many opportunities to partner with the Association as an event sponsor and show your commitment to the development of the security industry services.