From Light to Intelligent Pixels
A Manual for Digital Video Surveillance and AI Applications
by Vlado Damjanovski
Following on from the international success of his previous works, ASIAL has commissioned world renowned CCTV expert Vlado Damjanovski to prepare a new reference manual on IP video surveillance systems and CCTV technology. The new manual will cover, as well as well-explained and illustrated material of the basic concepts, additional material on video management software and the cloud concepts, video analytics with artificial intelligence, the new AS/NZS 62676 standards, compression algorithms, thermal imaging and much more.
Learn more about the manual here >
This definitive reference resource will provide you with an understanding of:
• Limitations of the various transmission media in terms of distances and bandwidth (fibre-optics, Cat cables, Wi-Fi);
• Why AI deep recognition algorithms are now popular in the modern video analytics;
• The use of formulas to plan required HDD storage for the desired length of recording;
• What ONVIF is and how to use various network commands to discover IP devices;
• The correct microSD card to use for your camera edge recording;
• How to setup your camera electronic exposure for best picture of moving objects;
• Why the size of the pixels matters more than simply their number;
• The process of designing an IP VSS system, from talking and listening to your customers, through to design consideration and the process of drawing, installing, commissioning and training;
• How to use the illustrated examples from the book to verify if your cameras satisfy the tender requirements (pixel density, angle of coverage etc);
• The new AS 62676 standards;
• How to use a modern test chart and analyse key camera specifications such as resolution and minimum illumination;
• The new image and video compressions.
For publication on 15th August 2022, the 689 page resource featuring full colour illustrations and instructional guides, will be an indispensable reference manual for security professionals the world over.
ASIAL members will have access to the manual at a discounted rate.
English version only. Print version available only in paperback.
To order a copy of 'from light to intelligent pixels', go to the ASIAL shop here >
About the author
With over 38 years of professional experience, Vlado Damjanovski is one of the world’s foremost experts and authorities on CCTV and IP VSS. Vlado is an author, inventor, lecturer, app designer and imaging specialist based in Australia, and he is well known to the International CCTV industry. Vlado has an honours degree in Electronics Engineering from the University ’Кирил и Методиј’ in Skopje (Republic of Macedonia), specialising in Broadcast TV and CCTV. His 1982 thesis on the subject of Charge-Coupled Devices (CCD) preempted their wide commercial use by ten years.
In 1995 Vlado published his first technical reference book - simply called 'CCTV'. This was, and still is, one of the first and complete reference manuals on the subject of CCTV. Covering all that a CCTV expert, installer and consultant should require, this book was accepted and approved by the international industry. This is his fifth book edition dedicated to CCTV, covering the technology time span of nearly 30 years.